I didn't think it would EVER
happen, but it
finally has. After two years of trying--including many
frustratingly-inconclusive tests, rounds of unpleasant fertility drugs, and OPKs
and EWCM and all sorts of acronyms I never wanted to know--I'm finally pregnant! Woo-hoo!
I've survived the
first trimester
with only one scare leading to an emergency room trip, two unexpected early
ultrasounds (baby is doing great), a handful of hormonal crying spells, and
what I'm going to call a moderate(?) case of morning sickness requiring me to
eat pretzels for breakfast most days to avoid throwing up. All the while, it
has hardly felt real. My husband and I had tried for (what felt like) so long,
I had all but given up on the whole thing--I just couldn't picture it happening
for us. So when it DID happen, I had to keep metaphorically pinching myself as
a reminder. This is the real deal. It really has happened.
We're.
Having. A. Baby.
Today
marks the day I am 12 weeks pregnant! Hitting the 12-week milestone today makes this whole
thing feel a bit more real...which brought to mind the idea to indulge myself
in a bit of blogging. The reasons for this endeavor, to me, are to document the
journey of pregnancy and parenthood for myself, to sort through my evolving thoughts
and philosophies on parenting, and to share and connect with other like-minded moms,
moms-to-be, and dog moms :) out there on the internet. I've searched and
searched, but found very few blogs of parents who have much in common with me
as a very nerdy atheist parent-to-be.
So, at the very least, this is here for my benefit, and if I'm lucky, maybe
I'll even connect with some new friends along the way!
So,
if you're reading this, it's great to meet you! Drop me a line in the comments if you have a blog you'd like me to come
visit, too!


No comments:
Post a Comment