Wednesday, March 25, 2015

37 weeks bumpdate.

Holy cow. 37 weeks + 2 days today. And let me tell you, the clock is ticking...the little bun in my oven is letting me know in no uncertain terms that she is about finished and ready!

Photo from yesterday :)
Le bump is still awfully small! I was just at a baby shower this past weekend where the mama, who is 6 weeks behind me, is just a *smidge* bigger than I am...and she is a thinner person than me in general. I know for sure how close we are in size because I totally won the yarn-around-the-belly game by measuring my own belly! But the doc has not expressed any concern at all over miss Avery's size, so I'm just going with it. Yay for a smaller baby during the pushing stage...!!!

I am on almost-time-for-labor symptom OVERLOAD. My Braxton-Hicks contractions have been steadily increasing in intensity and frequency. My heartburn is bugging me as usual. Nausea and vomiting have returned--oh, joy! And I've become much more tired and at times weepy and emo. Also, it feels like my belly has "dropped," and there are times when the weird discomfort and pressure in my pelvic region have me thinking I must be dilating at least a little. Fun times! I am certainly eager for baby girl to vacate her snug little apartment and join us out here in the world.

As much as I know Avery is coming soon, and as much as I am prepared for her arrival, there is still a big part of me that is unable to wrap my brain around the fact that she could arrive ANY DAY. I'm kind of in a state of disbelief in some ways. Life is floating along, feeling more or less normal in spite of the labor signs and baby stuff all over our house, so it's hard to believe the status quo is about to be upended so suddenly and so dramatically. I am very, very excited to meet our little girl and for her to join the Epic family team, but I am also a little bit in shock that life is going to suddenly transform at any given moment.


Well, that's all for now. It's just a waiting game now--wonder when our little Baby Epic will decide it's time to arrive?


No comments:

Post a Comment