We just had baby shower #3, we've pre-registered at the hospital, we met our doula on Sunday, and we've started packing our hospital bag. We still have to finish that, yet; meet our pediatrician this week; and we need to go buy a breast pump--unfortunately our insurance doesn't cover the kind we want (aka a nice two-pump one). But, yeah, lots done, lots to do, and lots of exciting things to come!
I am officially 35 weeks + 1 day pregnant today. As we speed steadily toward Baby Epic's birth, I'm noticing a shift in my state of mind along with the changes in my body. I'm truly only a little nervous about the unknowns of childbirth; largely I am more excited than anything else. I'm not simply excited for Avery to arrive; I'm not only excited to no longer be suffering the more lame side effects of pregnancy; I am actually excited to experience the process of bringing her into the world, pain included. I am prepared for the fact that I can't truly be prepared. I am open-minded, feeling pretty zen about the whole thing, and ready to go with the flow of whatever happens in each moment. This won't just be Avery's birth--it will be Mr. Epic's and my birth into parenthood, too! We are a great team together, and I think we are up for the challenge of getting our newest little teammate here. Together.
((Also, worth noting--I just read a mama's birth story on her blog, and she made a point to note that she and her husband had positive, excited, friendly attitudes during their birth in the hospital--and the nursing staff and everyone around seemed to really respond to that and vibe off their positive vibes. So I am shooting for that with my birth experience--at least, I hope to be able to maintain my happy and up demeanor for my own & everyone around me's sake!))
((Also, worth noting--I just read a mama's birth story on her blog, and she made a point to note that she and her husband had positive, excited, friendly attitudes during their birth in the hospital--and the nursing staff and everyone around seemed to really respond to that and vibe off their positive vibes. So I am shooting for that with my birth experience--at least, I hope to be able to maintain my happy and up demeanor for my own & everyone around me's sake!))
So as I sit here on my birthing ball drinking my red raspberry leaf tea as my doula advised, I think I am as ready for this challenge as anyone can be. I am ready to try. I am ready to try to accept the pain and unknowns as necessary parts of the process, and I am ready to give it my best shot and go where this birth takes me with the help and support and love of those around me.



Not too long now! So exciting! And you totally seem as ready as one can be. You've got this! Also, now I have a new blog to read - love me a good birth story.
ReplyDelete:D I love looking around for birth stories to read! The more, and the more varied, the better. Here's another one from a blog I love--I adore her sense of humor: http://stupidstork.blogspot.com/2015/03/birth-story-part-1.html ((That's part 1 of 3.))
Delete