If it seems like I have been away for awhile...it's because I was busy having a baby!
Meet Avery Amelia:
She was born on 4/7/15 at 11:49 a.m. after about 7 hours and 20 minutes of labor in the hospital (and about 8 hours of laboring through contractions at home beforehand). She was 6 lbs, 11.4 oz. and 19.5 inches long at birth. She has Mr. Epic's dark hair and complexion! :)
The labor went well, though it was pretty rough on me: terrible back labor the whole time (thought she might be sunny side up, and my doula worked on trying to turn her during labor; she came out the right way but I still had back labor throughout the whole time). I had a 2nd degree tear and an episiotomy; her head is in the 85th percentile, if that tells you anything! But I made it through naturally, with no epidural. I asked for it three times, mind you, and ABSOLUTELY understand why ANYONE would make that choice--go for it if you want it! Labor is crazy! Do what works for you! Breastfeeding did NOT go well, and for now I am exclusively bottle-feeding her pumped breastmilk with a bit of formula supplemented just at night so far.
I'll write out the whole birth story later, when I have a bit more time. Everyone is healthy and doing well--sleep deprived, but blissful!


Congratulations! I suspected that's where you've been! She's possibly the cutest newborn I've seen - look at those cheeks!
ReplyDeleteA very, very belated thank you! :) :)
DeleteCongratulations! I'm still struggling to find time to blog (baby boy is nearly two months)... I'm tagging you in a "five pictures" thingies over on my blog but feel absolutely free to ignore it~ every moment is so precious right now, I know!
ReplyDeleteThank you, Sophelia!! I am sorry I missed your post--would have enjoyed participating in the "five pictures" thing and will have to go look for it on your blog so I can do it super late :) I think I finally have time to catch up on your & others' blogs and begin posting myself again! I have missed it though I've been having a blast (for the most part :-P) with baby.
DeleteBeautiful baby! Congrats mama! I hope you get back to blogging when things settle down. :)
ReplyDeleteThank you, Nikki!! I know it has been forever, but I think I am *finally* ready to come back again and to catch up on everyone else's blogs. The first three months have been a whirlwind!
Delete