![]() |
| Happy New Year! This was our New Year's midnight family selfie...it went about as well as could be expected. |
Celebrating: We've been celebrating like crazy, and I'm kind of glad life can settle down back to normal, now. Between several different family Christmas gatherings and New Year's Eve, things have been hopping! For New Year's Eve, we had a low-key evening at Mr. & Mrs. W's house with our other mutual friend, giving their kiddos Christmas gifts and then munching on junk food and watching Back to the Future II (2015!!) after the kiddos went to bed. We went back home before midnight, though, so the preggo lady would have the option of falling asleep on the couch before midnight if the fancy struck me. I managed to stay awake and get kisses from Mr. Epic and the puppies when the ball dropped.
Planning: Now that the holidays are over, planning for my baby showers has sprung into gear. There will be 3 (!?!) showers: one thrown by Mr. Epic's mom at their home, 3 hours away on a Sunday, at which Mr. Epic's family will be the ones in attendance; one at work that I don't have to worry much about; and one thrown for me by Mrs. W at my house, where my family members and friends will be in attendance. I expect the shower for Mr. Epic's side of the family to be the biggest; I have a very small family and very few friends, so the one at my house should be fairly small.
For the shower for Mr. Epic's side of the family, my wonderful mother-in-law is handling most everything with the help of my two sisters-in-law, but I've been consulted for the date (which was hard to pick because I work so many weekends until Avery comes) and a few other details. I'm still not sure when shower #3 will be occurring, and I'm a little nervous about finding a date to squeeze it in, but I'm sure we'll figure it out. In the meantime, Mr. Epic and I have been working to complete our baby registries in time for the showerstraviganza. It's harder work than I expected!
Feeling: Heartburn. Heartburn heartburn heartburn, heartburn heartburn. Heartburn? HEARTBURN. Heartburn-heartburn; heartburn, heartburn, and heartburn. Oh, and also...heartburn!
Practicing: We recently had two opportunities for practicing our infant care skills, by way of babysitting for our friends' one-month-old son. The first time, he slept the entire hour and a half in his carseat, and we didn't have the heart to disturb him by selfishly subjecting him to snuggles. The second occasion was more eventful--he woke up two minutes after mom and dad left. We both got to hold and soothe him, changed a poopy diaper as a joint-effort venture, and let him test drive Avery's 4moms mamaroo, which he LOVED. Also, we let the dogs sniff him, get close to him, and lick his fingers a little (he has a dog at home who licks his fingers and mom & dad gave the ok for that), and we were quite pleased to see that they were GREAT with him! They were very curious, but not remotely scared, defensive, or aggressive.
![]() |
| Mr. Epic looking all dad-ly holding our baby buddy. |
I'd say our adventures in babysitting have gone well so far, and it was awesome to get some practice in. I'm hoping we get to hang out with Avery's little future friend some more before she gets here.
Creating: I've been bitten by the crafting bug and have started creating some new jewelry! During my week of vacation from work, I made some custom pieces I'd been asked to make for friends to give as gifts, and didn't stop there--I made several more pieces after that. I'm waffling over whether I want to reopen my Etsy shop--I'd like to find a way to do a scaled-back, simplified version of it that is less work for me, yet I'm still uncertain whether I want to jump back in and commit myself to all that running to the post office. Until I decide, I'm just posting things I make on my Etsy shop's Facebook page for friends and family to have the opportunity to purchase.
What have YOU been up to lately?



No comments:
Post a Comment