So, as of yesterday, Avery is 3 months old...which means my maternity leave has officially run out. Last week was my first week back at work, while Miss Avy hung out with grandma and grandpa. It went alright, about as well as can be expected: there were tears (mine), I was quite overwhelmed and swamped at work, but...we got through the day. And there is a light at the end of the tunnel that is going to keep me going: I'm going to finish out this year, and then work all of 2016, and then if all goes according to plan, I will be "retiring" from the library when Avery is about a year and nine months old to become a stay at home mom (and start thinking about when we want to try for a sibling for Avery). I wish I could afford to stay home with her now, but she is in good hands with my mom, and I'll just have to make up for lost time on the weekends and when I quit working at the start of 2017. I'm all hers at that point.
Until then, I've decided to *try* to really throw myself into my work here at the library. My plan is to make things simpler and more streamlined for myself, and to up the quality of my work here while cutting back on the amount of disorganized effort I fumble around with. I think I'll enjoy the rest of my time here more, and feel better about the mark I'm leaving and the note I'm leaving on, if I have my head in the game. So, here's to a year and 9-ish months of awesomeness at the library!
Like I said, Avery is 3 months old now, and I keep telling people, "she's 12 weeks going on 12 years old!" She is such a big girl--not that still-small, still newborn-ish baby I had on my hands the last time I posted. She seems gigantic to me, though she's still just following the 15th percentile curve upward. But she makes it well known that she doesn't want to be held like a little baby; she wants to sit up on your lap, supporting her own head, and all the better if she's facing away from you so she can be taking everything in. She coos and "talks" a little bit, has great neck control for having such a big head, grabs toys and tries to put them in her mouth with varied success, and is generally bright-eyed and aware of the world around her in a way I haven't seen in too many other babies her age. We may be biased, being her parents and all, but Mr. Epic and I think we have the makings of a brainy little genius on our hands. ;) While I wouldn't wish away any age or stage she is in, by any means, I do look forward very much to her growing and becoming more and more able to interact with the people and world around her. It's going to be so fun to play with her and watch her grow. <3 <3 <3
Well, that's all for now. I have a lot of thoughts swimming around my brain on parenting that I'd like to organize and put into some posts in the near future--don't know if anyone else gets much out of my ramblings, but they help me organize my thoughts and philosophies, at least--so I hope to be back again very soon! There's so much for my tired, fried little mommy-brain to think about these days. I feel like if I can articulate my thoughts into a somewhat-coherent blog post, perhaps I can understand them a little better myself! And bonus points if someone else reads my blatherings and gets something out of them.
Later!


No comments:
Post a Comment