Tuesday, December 9, 2014

currently.

It's been a little bit since my last "Currently" linkup post since I missed one and then the last one was cancelled, so I'm just going to do one on my own!



Feeling: I've been feeling pretty icky lately. I'm having sporadic, but quite unpleasant heartburn issues. On Friday, I woke up with a sore throat, a painful blister on the underside of my tongue (I'm thinking from all the stomach acid & being horizontal sleeping?), and the beginnings of a cold. My throat is better and the blister is improving, but my cold symptoms have gotten worse--feels like a "sinus infection" a.k.a. fancy word for a more severe cold that I feel extra whiny about. And starting yesterday...I've been having sharp, pressure-y pains in my kidney area on my right side, which I was hoping was just gas--I'll have to watch it closely, though, because I'm afraid it might actually be a kidney infection. Bring on the cranberry juice!

So, yeah. I'm kind of a hot mess right now. 



Enjoying: Mr. Epic gave me two of my Christmas gifts early, and I've been thoroughly enjoying both: a nice electric blanket and a stocking-stuffer of some fancy chocolates. Both are thoroughly appreciated, especially in light of my not feeling so well.



Making: I've got a library program tonight where the kids will be making Star Wars ornaments, so I've been making some examples for that! Such as:




Because Star Wars programs always bring people in, and because, well, these are freaking awesome.



Sending: For the first time since we've been a couple, Mr. Epic and I have decided on sending Christmas cards to a handful of people. It was actually Mr. Epic's idea; he said it seemed like a very "grown-up thing to do." And I have to say, signing the cards with our names and Avery's name feels pretty special.



Spending: I was lucky enough to have a blast spending some quality time with my best friend, Mrs. W (as introduced in THIS previous post), this past weekend. It wasn't anything elaborate--we just met at Starbucks for some lattes (decaf for me) and two hours of relaxing, chatting, and enjoying one another's company. We don't do that nearly often enough--we see each other every week, but never really get to spend quality time just the two of us. We chatted about anything and everything, including the baby shower she is planning to throw for me in a couple of months, our families, our jobs, and life in general. It was pretty great and much-needed.

(Also, I have to recommend the new Chestnut Praline Latte. It was delicious.)



What have YOU been up to lately?


No comments:

Post a Comment