Friday, December 19, 2014

pregnancy: 23 weeks bumpdate.

I'm just over 23 weeks pregnant today, and I'm feeling more and more pregnant every day. My bump is still on the fairly conservative end size-wise--most of my clothes really tend to de-emphasize it, which was not my intent but is just how things are fitting. But looks can be deceiving, because I feel like a beached whale.


By the way, this ^ sweater is the best, most comfortable and most flattering maternity item I have purchased. If you're pregnant, run-don't-walk to Tar-jay and get one or three of these. Just leave a few on the rack for me, because I plan to go back and get it in other colors.

Overall, I'm doing pretty well. I feel great for a few days, then crappy for a couple, and there's seemingly no rhyme or reason to what causes my bad days with their aches, pains, and heartburn flare-ups. I know I should be exercising more (or at all) but the cold wintry weather makes me want to snuggle up under blankies and avoid all forms of exercise instead. I'm in hibernation mode.

So I thought Baby Girl was active at last time's bumpdate, but lo and behold, she is now kicking up a storm even more than before. I am finally noticing a pattern to her activity: she seems to move the most when I am moving the least. Whenever I'm sitting still at a computer at work, or laying on the couch watching t.v., she seems to take it as a cue to bounce on her placenta-trampoline in there--perhaps because I'm not stimulating her enough. I'm beginning to feel her kick now and then from the outside, too, which is pretty crazy! Of course, every time Mr. Epic tries putting his hand on my stomach to feel her, she decides she doesn't want to perform. Typical.

I'm really excited for Christmas next week! I fully intend to engorge myself on holiday goodies, so I expect Avery will be all jacked up on sugar and marching Christmas parades in-utero for the better part of next week.

Happy Holidays! Joyous Festivus!




3 comments:

  1. True story: though I felt my kid kicking fairly early on, it was probably six more weeks before the Yeti felt anything. I used to call the baby Michigan J Frog because he had uncanny timing and would stop kicking when it was time to "perform." Even at the end, the Yeti often SAW him kicking more than he felt it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. But anyway: you look great! That sweater looks so comfortable even I want one, and you look glowy even in the depths of winter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I am definitely glad the second and third trimesters of my pregnancy are coinciding with the colder months of the year, because my pregnancy-induced internal heater is definitely revving up. The glowy look may actually come from sweat, but as long as it comes off as glowy I'll go with it! ;-P

      Yeah, I'm hoping that now that I'm noticing a pattern to her kicking, I'll actually be able to get Mr. Epic to feel it once or twice, but so far she's not much on performing on demand. It'll be pretty crazy when it gets to the point of being able to see it like that, for sure!

      Delete