Creating.
Lately I've been creating all kinds of awesome crafts for kids' programs at my library! Here are a few:
Tonight is my Minion Crafts program, and later in March I'll be doing a Star Wars craft program that includes awesome NO MESS "snow globes" like this Wampa / Hoth themed one! (I love any craft that isn't too messy but is still creative and fun!)
Reading:
I just finished reading The Darkest Part of the Forest by Holly Black; it was a really fun YA fantasy that didn't involve apocalypses or vampires. Besides those unique traits, it also broke out of the mold in some other ways that I found really refreshing. Not a super deep literary read, but nice and entertaining! If you like YA fantasy, it's worth a read.
Now I've just started reading Wildwood by Colin Meloy (as in the Decemberists' Colin Meloy). I was excited to start this one because I am a fan of the Decemberists, and love his storytelling style in his lyrics, so I figured his crack at children's fantasy would be pretty artistic and great. I haven't been disappointed so far. It definitely reads more like a children's book for adults, or at least for the artsy, literary type of kid I was--it wouldn't be for just any kid.
Watching:
We've finished the current season of Downton Abbey, and we're currently watching The Walking Dead, Parks & Rec, and rewatching Stargate SG-1 on Amazon Prime for entertainment on the cold winter evenings. I'm so sad that Parks & Rec is ending! It is one show that has definitely improved with time, and this last season has been amazing--they've pulled out ALL the stops. So, so sad it's almost over.
Wishing:
Without a doubt, I am wishing for spring! Winter has been pretty rough this year--not as bad as last year, but still not fun. I am fed up with snow, ice, negative temperatures, and a puppy who refuses to go poo in the cold...so he holds it in and then starts crying in the middle of the night to be let out to go take care of it!
![]() |
| Bean may be miserable with the weather so cold...but he looks awfully adorable in his coat!! |
Preparing:
Mr. Epic and I have made more progress with preparing the nursery! We've hung most of our nursery art (though there are a couple of empty frames yet), done some organizing, and are ready for the onslaught of gifts with two showers in the next 7 days.
Here's a little peek at the nursery:
The HP quote is above Avery's changing table, where she's sure to be up to no good! Not all the frames have been filled in the arrangement above her Ikea toy/book shelf, but I'm nearly finished with those. We just went ahead and hung the frames, sans-art. I'll post pictures of that once it's done!
//Harry Potter
//The Hobbit / Bilbo
//Star Wars / Leia
//Doctor Who
//Zelda / The Legend of Zelda, Link
//Star Trek
//Macgyver (Mr. Epic's childhood favorite!)
//Wonder Woman
Well, that's all for now. I'm off to have a crazy busy rest of the week week both at work...and at home, getting ready for the big shower on Sunday!






I love your nursery! ♥♥ So adorable!
ReplyDeleteThank you, Nikki!! :D
Delete