Granted, the pictures aren't from a great angle or anything, but I don't look very pregnant in them. And Mr. Epic's mom kept saying how small I still look. I still feel kind of grumpy about being told that--I know it's silly, because being smaller = being more comfortable and having the prospect of a smaller baby. Both very good things! But part of me still wants to be hugenormous so everyone around me will wait on me hand and foot, hold doors open for me, generally spoil me...and yes, I admit that shamelessly. I'm making a person, dammit! ;-P
Anywho. Probably the highlight of the shower was during the silly baby shower bingo game. Mr. Epic's mom had bought a pack of little shower games printed on cards that matched the plates, tablecloths, and decor--simple shower games, nothing too goofy. One was a blank bingo card; we had pre-prepared a bingo word list of "things you need for a baby" and had them brainstorm to fill in their own cards--the added challenge was you had to think of the same items we did beforehand to have a chance to win. Well, one of his aunts wrote SPERM on her card as one of the "things you need for a baby." This should paint a bit of a picture of Mr. Epic's aunts for you! Everyone was nearly rolling on the floor laughing at that...and pretty much the rest of the shower, too.
Avy got some pretty awesome gifts! The stroller/carseat combo we registered for, clothes, books, a blanket embroidered with her name, sheets, toys, a bath set...all kinds of stuff. This kid already has it made. I can't believe there are still two showers to go!
Well, that's all for now. We have our one-time breastfeeding class tomorrow evening--I'm looking forward to getting some good info on that!





No comments:
Post a Comment