Well, I've made it to 31 weeks pregnant, as of Monday (so nearly to 32 weeks, now)! It truly feels like Avery is noticeably (to me) growing every single day.
Here's a quick update on the last couple of weeks--
Symptoms:
The heartburn has been less relentless over the past week or so. Hurrah! I'm under no delusions that it's going to be better for long, but I'm enjoying every second I'm not suffering from it. Actually, indigestion and other digestive issues have been more problematic lately...we won't go into all that, though. :-P
Avery is growing like a weed, even if my belly is still on the smaller side. She kicks up a storm, too! Definitely an active kiddo we've got, here.
Classes:
We have one breastfeeding class (it was a one-off class) and one of a series of Childbirth & Infant Care classes under our belts so far. I'm very glad we're going to these--particularly for the breastfeeding info. I'm not super nervous about the childbirth part, and I feel pretty well-researched in that area, so I'm especially looking forward to the infant care portion.
Baby prep:
So much to do, yet! I've made some good progress on my DIY nursery art projects, which I am excited to share in another post soon. I have a to-do list a mile long for other things, like hospital pre-registration, packing the hospital bag, getting maternity leave paperwork taken care of (fun, fun), and lots more. Just under two weeks till my work shower, and then a few days after that will be my last shower. Then I'll feel like I can sort through what we still need, actually get organized, and feel a bit more prepared. I still can't believe at that point there will only be one month to go...seems so surreal!
Fun stuff:
I'm finally going to get to go to another prenatal yoga class tomorrow with my friend who is also prego! Then we are going to go out for a little Valentine's Day double date with our hubbies for a sushi lunch afterward. (Cooked sushi only, though I'm not super worried about raw stuff--much more concerned with avoiding the high-mercury stuff.)
That's it for now! I'll be posting about the nursery art soon! :)


Looking lovely! And I can empathize with the "smaller bump" issue - I was finally asked when I was due the week of my induction! Though if you ask me yours is just right. :)
ReplyDeleteThanks! :) My mother-in-law says, "You're still so small!" every time she sees me, while I feel disproportionately huge...but I think she means it as a compliment. I wonder when I'll really see a big growth spurt and "pop"...did you ever have that day where you were suddenly much bigger and people said you'd "popped?"
Delete