This week's words: appreciating, feeling, looking, regretting, playing.
Appreciating: We just went on our yearly adventure to the apple orchard with some of our closest friends--it's a yearly tradition that will include Baby Epic next year--and I am appreciating how much better orchard apples are than the ones we usually buy at the grocery store. Not only is the taste better, but there's none of that yucky wax, and even the skin is more tender. I almost hate to bake anything with any of the apples we bought--they're so good just the way they are!
![]() |
| Me & the gang at the apple orchard last weekend. |
Feeling: Feeling SOOOO much better these last couple of weeks. I kid you not, as soon as my toe crossed the line into second trimester territory, it was as if my body magically knew to do what all the pregnancy books, websites, and anecdotes from friends and family have been telling me--I feel so much better. I haven't puked in almost two whole weeks, some of my other digestive issues have died down a bit, and I have quite a bit more energy than I did earlier in my first trimester--though I must admit that THAT part has been working its way toward improvement gradually. Regardless, I'm feeling like I can relax a little bit into this pregnancy now. My doc isn't worried about my ovarian cysts, my blood pressure is fairly normal, and I feel like a human being again.
Looking: Every time I pass a mirror, stand up, or...well, basically just constantly, I am looking down, checking out my growing baby bump. It's still a modest baby bump, but it's definitely there and definitely growing. Mr. Epic keeps catching a glance of me from the side and saying, "You definitely have a bump." I can honestly say this is the first time in my life I have ever been excited about gaining weight. Bring on the baby bump! I'm ready for library patrons to start gasping and saying, Are you pregnant?!? I suppose that since I'm normally a curvy girl anyway, it will be awhile until they're comfortable voicing their suspicion...
Regretting: On Wednesday evening, after our hospital tour, we stopped for Chinese takeout and took it home, because I'd been having a major craving for Asian food of some sort. It was heavenly. There were lots of leftovers, which I had plans to eat for lunch on Thursday. I am totally regretting that we forgot to put the leftovers in the fridge and they sat out all night. It was a sad, sad thing to throw them out on Thursday morning. I'm STILL bitter. *tear*
Playing: This weekend, I will be playing all kinds of fun games at an awesome wedding Mr. Epic and I are attending. It's a semi-outdoor wedding and reception at a big barn decked out specifically for hosting weddings, which sounds pretty atmospheric in itself. Add to that crisp fall weather, the groom's rockin' handlebar mustache, a DIY taco bar, fresh-brewed local coffee, board games and yard games as an alternative to typical reception dancing, and an opportunity to show off my little bit of a baby bump to friends we haven't seen in a while...and you get a wedding that I'm really and truly jazzed about attending.


No comments:
Post a Comment