I don't mean just any vague definition of "stuff." I mean STUFF. Clothes, bibs, toys, books, cribs, car seats, strollers, slings, bassinets, pack-n-plays, high chairs, swings, yada yada yada...Babies bring with them so. much. STUFF.
It's still pretty early--I'm 13 weeks pregnant today--and I would say we haven't accumulated that much stuff yet, in the scheme of things. Which scares me a little, because we already have quite a bit. Between the generosity of others who have had babies before me (thank you--I will take ALL YOUR FREE STUFFS), the here-and-there purchasing of things by myself and Mr. Epic (no early pregnancy superstition here), and MY MOM (a can of worms to revisit later), this kid is going to have more than he/she could ever need or want.
![]() |
| This isn't even everything we've gotten already... |
Still, in spite all that, it can be a little overwhelming. I feel like deciding on the right car seat/stroller combo is a life-or-death decision...which, I guess car seats can be, so...ya know. My eyes cross and my head swims when I try to distinguish between the row of pack-n-plays at the baby store--how do you decide between 50 choices of items that all do the same thing?
So, I guess the idea of the stuff doesn't bother me so much, and I feel confident I won't overdo it, but the decision-making is kind of annoying for someone who is as wishy-washy at making decisions as me. Oh, well. First world problems, right?
How did you decide on your big baby purchases? What was necessary for you? What did you decide to skip?


No comments:
Post a Comment