It started off smoothly enough, with incredibly sore breasts (fun) and pretty major fatigue, both expected symptoms. Then the mild nausea came on, also to be expected, and it built up to vomiting, every other day like clockwork, from about week 8, I think, and it hasn't stopped yet. But one puke session every other morning is nothing compared to what some women go through, I know.
I also had that very scary episode at around 7 1/2 weeks. Out of nowhere, with no pain or any other warning sign, I began bleeding heavily. Naturally, I was scared out of my mind. So Mr. Epic rushed me to the emergency room, and after hours of poking, prodding, and an early ultrasound, we learned that 1) the baby was doing GREAT (hooray!!), 2) my cervix was closed (whew--good sign), and 3) I had/have three fairly large cysts on my right ovary, one of which burst, causing the blood. The cysts were most likely caused by the Clomid I was on to get pregnant, and should be nothing to worry about--most likely they will dissolve on their own as my pregnancy progresses. So, again, not great, but could've been much worse.
Still, it left me a little shaken up. I occasionally get moderate, sharp pains where the cysts are, which is to be expected, but still makes me worry a little about doing anything too strenuous that might rupture them or something. This has led me to be a bit overly
But as I'm entering my second trimester, I'm starting to feel a bit better--a bit less worried, a bit more energetic, and a little bit inspired to get my butt in gear. The puking hasn't stopped yet, but I'm hopeful that it will soon--everyone keeps telling me it should. I also had blood pressure problems before I got pregnant, and while my BP has improved during my pregnancy to nearly normal (don't know how that happened, but I'll take it), I know I need to be taking better care of myself to keep that in check.
So, I've decided to enter my second trimester by turning over a new leaf and trying to get my lazy butt up and get some regularly scheduled exercise. May sound easy, but I'm pretty much allergic to forced exercise, so I am anticipating it will be a little tough. I'm not planning to do anything to intense or strenuous, but I think anything will be an improvement over nothing at this point. I just bought a prenatal yoga DVD set today--I do actually enjoy yoga, believe it or not--so we'll see if I can force myself to get into a routine and stick with it.
What do / did you do for exercise during pregnancy?

No comments:
Post a Comment