This week's words: anticipating, contributing, discussing, listening, deciding.
Anticipating: There's so much I'm anticipating right now! All five words could just be anticipating, over and over, and it still wouldn't cover it. I'm anticipating having TONS of trick-or-treaters for Halloween in a couple of days--we had a lot last year, and there are even more kids in the neighborhood this year. So we are fully stocked on candy--I hope! I'm anticipating having house guests this weekend--the Epic in-laws and Epic nephews are coming up for a visit. I work both Saturday (full day) and Sunday (half day) too, so I'm anticipating it will be a crazy and less-than-restful weekend. I was anticipating the results from my maternal triple screen blood test until I got them back this morning--Baby Epic is 110% normal. Needless to say, I was very happy to hear that!
Contributing: Things are pretty busy at the library these days--I'm contributing to our Literacy Awareness Month committee and I'm contributing to our upcoming Staff Day with a breakout session, among other things. I know I'm in the part of my pregnancy where I'm supposed to feel pretty good and my energy level is supposed to be the highest it's going to be for the whole pregnancy--and I am feeling good physically, for the most part--but mentally I'm feeling a bit stressed out and stretched thin. I don't feel like I can really say no to anything at work...so I'm hoping I don't get asked to contribute to many more committees, project teams, or other similar endeavors!
![]() |
| This is a library program I contributed last night! Harry Potter crafts for Halloween :) |
![]() |
| Hogwarts, spell book, & owl from last night's Harry Potter program. |
Discussing: Since Halloween is upon us and will soon be passed, I am entering full Thanksgiving mode and have begun discussing Thanksgiving plans with Mr. Epic and my mom. (Mr. Epic's mom will join in on the discussions when she comes to visit this weekend.) I am pretty obsessed with holidays, and Thanksgiving is a big one, because I am also obsessed with food! We have Mr. Epic's parents, sister, brother & wife & the two nephews, and also my parents and brother all to our house for Thanksgiving--our families get along great and it makes for a nice-sized gathering. Aside from all the delicious food discussions, Mr. Epic and I have also been planning a Thanksgiving activity: reveal the gender of the baby by having our families open the paint for the nursery together and help us (minus me) paint an accent wall in the nursery.
Listening: I've been listening to an album that I really love on repeat lately: Metals by Feist. It's kind of mellow but with just the right amount of punch, and the music is very atmospheric and perfect for this time of year. I highly recommend it!
Deciding: Well, we thought we would be deciding soon which hospital I'm going to deliver at...only to find out that the hospital I already did a tour of is no longer an option--my doctor just stopped delivering there. So since that decision has been made for us, I'm looking forward to our next hospital tour on November 24th, of the hospital that we will now definitely be delivering at. I loved the other hospital, so I hope I love this one just as much!
Thanks to Ot and Et and Harvesting Kale for hosting this Currently linkup I've found and jumped aboard! I kind of feel like a stowaway, just jumping in out of nowhere. :)



No comments:
Post a Comment