Monday, October 27, 2014

pregnancy: 16 weeks bumpdate.

I'm 16 weeks pregnant today--officially 4 months in! I am thrilled to report that I have gone nearly three weeks without nausea or throwing up--and I sure don't miss it. My latest symptoms are round ligament pain (thanks, Dr. Google), achy hips, and occasional heartburn.

I *think* I've been feeling little flutters of movement from Baby Epic for a couple of weeks, now, but was hesitant at first to admit it since it could very well have been gas--but now is around the time that the books and apps say I can start actually counting it. :)

I've been a little extra hormonal the last couple of days. Wasn't that supposed to be a first trimester thing?! Last night, I was scrolling through Instagram and saw that one of the dogs I follow on there passed away--I started sobbing uncontrollably. It was just so freaking sad! And early this morning, I woke up sobbing from a vivid dream in which my grandpa had died. I don't know where all these weird sad hormones are coming from, but they can give me a break any time now!

My belly seems to be growing like crazy. I seriously look down sometimes and think, where did that come from? It was smaller than that earlier today! No joke, I think it's growing every minute.

It's hard to get a good belly shot by myself, but I swear there's quite a bit of baby bump poking out there!

I've been working a little bit on the nursery here and there. My parents found us a beautiful changing table in a style we really like at Goodwill for $35! I've been given SO MUCH baby clothes it's crazy. I'm extremely grateful for all the generosity of friends handing things down to me, and my mom going nuts as I knew she would. I've still got probably most of a day's worth of baby clothes to wash and organize. I'm really enjoying going through everything and organizing it...but it will be so much more fun when I know what the gender is! We find out on November 20th...I can't wait!


No comments:

Post a Comment