Saturday, November 1, 2014

etsy love: bandana bibs.

I'm a lover of handmade things, but I only have so much patience and attention span for making things myself. I definitely don't believe I lack in the creativity, ability, or vision departments, but my stickwithitness is SRSLY lacking. I've gotten better over the years at judging whether a project is realistic for me before diving in...but still end up not finishing things more often than not.

That said, I love cruising Etsy for the awesome, handcrafted, COMPLETED items out there by others with longer attention spans than my own. Now that I'm all preggers and such, I enjoy surfing to look for items for Baby Epic. I'm usually much more of a window shopper than a buyer--having once run my own Etsy shop I fully understand why artisans charge what they do for their handmade wares, but that doesn't necessarily make them within my budget. Still, I search around in hopes of finding things here and there that I can justify splurging a little bit on.

My latest find is bandana bibs. I'm fully expecting to have the world's drooliest child--that was me as a baby, with a constant stream of drool flowing and pretty consistent rashes around my mouth because of it. Heck, I'm super-drooly as an adult...you should see the puddles I wake up to on my pillow. But, anyway. I know our kid will need to wear bibs a lot, but I'm not big on the idea of ugly or uncomfortable bibs annoying the crap out of the wee one. These bandana bibs, though, seem like a good idea. While they are obviously quite stylishly hipsterlicious, they also look like less annoying, less obtrusive options than those giant vinyl monstrosities I usually see.

Here are a few of my favorite bandana bibs I've rounded up from Etsy:

Adorable bandana bibs by SlickFox, HERE
A cute one by Katandstiina, HERE
Another one by Katandstiina...I couldn't resist the fox...HERE
Super hip reversible one by coramaedesign, HERE

(By the way, this is NOT a sponsored post. I have not received any free items--I'm legitimately Etsy-drooling under no coercion whatsoever.)


No comments:

Post a Comment