I'm posting again for the Currently linkup hosted weekly by the blogs Ot and Et and Harvesting Kale. Each week they provide inspiration for everyone's Currently post in 5 words.
This week's words: committing, loving, organizing, watching, shopping.
Committing: I guess I've been mentally preparing myself for committing myself to get back to some of the baby-prep items on my to-do list, as I recently mentioned. I've been kind of slacking, and I need to get back to work on a few things--especially research & reading. My plan is to have a book to discuss in next week's Currently post, since reading is one of the words! So I suppose I'm especially committing to getting back to reading up on baby stuff. I need to know how to take care of this kid once it gets here.
Loving: It's still very early in the cold weather season, so I'm still loving this chilly late-fall weather and the feeling of impending winter.
Sorry. I couldn't resist.
But seriously, though. I enter into early winter with my spirits up, because I'm a holiday season fanatic--I love Thanksgiving and Christmas, and New Year's is usually pretty fun, too. I love when it starts to turn cold and we start wearing cozy sweaters and wool socks, drinking warm beverages (decaf for me this year!), and retreating into the snug and soothing activities of winter. Of course, I start to loathe it after the holidays are over, like many people do, but I'm choosing to live in the moment and not think about the hazardous driving conditions and sloppy gray snow to come!
Organizing: My craft desk downstairs and also what is slowly evolving into a playroom upstairs. I think I've been bitten by the nesting bug and, since I can't really go forward with any nursery decor or anything until I know the baby's gender, I've found these other outlets. Once I get my craft desk organized, I can start working on a couple of crafts I'd like to make for the nursery and for Baby Epic, so I'm looking forward to getting that rolling again. And I'm currently perusing the internet for baby-centric playroom ideas to include in the new playroom. I may try to organize some of what I find in a blog post later.
Watching: The Walking Dead and Doctor Who!!! This season of The Walking Dead has been amazing so far--it really seems to have hit its stride. Doctor Who has been a little disappointing this season--I do like the new Doctor, but I'm not a big Clara fan and this season has lacked its usual zing. That said, I lurved last week's episode--the drama, the stakes, and a few other old "friends" are finally back, and I'm only wishing the rest of the season had been this good. No spoilers, but, wow, I did not see that coming with Missy! Perhaps I should have, but I didn't--was very excited by the revelation, though.
Shopping: We're actually trying to REFRAIN from shopping much right now for Baby Epic. We are at kind of a baby-stuff standstill, both because we're waiting to find out the gender, and because we need to reevaluate what we want to purchase ourselves versus what we want to include on a baby registry. However, I've started to work on my Christmas shopping. I like to start fairly early (this is early to me, anyway), do as much of it as I can online, and supplement with a couple of handmade gifts here and there. I've already purchased two big gifts for Mr. Epic so far, and at least one of them is a definite surprise, so I'm pretty excited about giving him those!
Thanks to Ot and Et and Harvesting Kale for hosting this Currently linkup!


I think I need to take notes from you on "pre-winter attitudes." Right now is so good but I'm already like kicking the imaginary snow and crying about how cold and grey it's gonna be. Right now is seriously so good. ps. did you see last week's Walking Dead though? I was loving this season and then it was just like... blargh. Anyways, hopefully Carol stirs the pot a little because yawn! :D
ReplyDeleteIt's been a process, but over the past few years I've just had to convince myself not to get the winter blues. They still always kick in, but I seem to be able to stave them off longer than I used to!
DeleteI did see last week's episode with Beth / the hospital. I do agree that the season is starting to stall out a bit. When I saw the previews showing the next episode is going with Abraham & the others and not back to Rick with Daryl coming out of the woods...I was really bummed. I get they want to cram in all these different storylines, but it really saps the momentum out of the story! I want the group back together asap! I'm with you on Carol--I hope she jumps off that gurney and starts going Rambo on them all :)