Monday, November 17, 2014

currently.

I'm posting again for the Currently linkup hosted weekly by the blogs Ot and Et and Harvesting Kale. Each week they provide inspiration for everyone's Currently post in 5 words.

This week's words: laughing, crying, cooking, looking, planning.


Laughing:  This is not just an occurrence reserved for this past week, but something that happens all the time at our house: we've been laughing at our crazy puppies, Bean (the Boston terrier) and Link (the pekipom / mutt). They are goofy, adorable, and spoiled rotten. This past weekend, we decided to give them both baths--something they need way more often than we actually accomplish it. They HATE baths and act like we're trying to murder them, even though we are extra gentle and loving the whole time and try to make the whole experience as painless as possible for them. Bean did much better with his than usual this time, but poor Link was shaking the entire time. Yet give him a mud puddle and he'd be all up in that. Go figure. 


Cute little goofballs. Bean loves to bury himself under blankets, whereas Link needs to stay cooler because of all that fluff!


Crying:  I'm usually an emotional wreck, especially with all the extra fun pregnancy hormones, but there's not much I can think of from the past week for crying. I call that a win!



Cooking:  Last night, Mr. Epic and I had fun cooking one of our favorite recipes--chowder, or as we call it, "chowdah." We have to make it in two separate pots, though. I prefer clam chowder, but Mr. Epic isn't a big fan of clams and their sandy grit (which I happen to enjoy), so he makes a larger pot for himself with tuna instead of clams. It's kind of fun to stand there side by side, making our own separate pots of chowder. We always joke/argue about whose version of the chowder is better, and last night we laughed about how we'll probably make it a thing with our kid/s, each of us trying to convince them to decide our version of chowder is the best.



Looking:  I am REALLY looking forward to visiting our friends and their new baby this Friday. She just had the baby early on Saturday morning; they had opted not to find out the gender during the pregnancy and the baby turned out to be a boy--which I think they were really hoping for and kind of expecting. He was born at 8 lbs. 5 oz. and 20.5 inches long--a pretty good-sized guy! It's pretty awesome that our baby will have this little guy and several other friends' babies who are all going to be born around the same time-ish. Pretty cool to be a part of this most recent wave of babies!



Planning:  Thanksgiving, as it turns out, is going to pan out a little differently than we first thought this year, so we've been planning around the change of, well, plans. We originally thought we were going to have a much bigger crowd this year, but due to my father-in-law having to be in Canada for work (boo) and my bro-in-law, sis-in-law, and nephews not being able to make it up to our place this year, it will just be me, Mr. Epic, my parents, my brother, Mr. Epic's momma, and his little sis. And the puppies. So we probably won't be doing the Thanksgiving nursery-painting-party we had originally planned, but that's no big deal. It should be a pretty relaxing Thanksgiving, and we can plan to fix a bit less food to make up for the changes. Though try telling that to Mr. Epic--if he has it his way (which he probably will), we will still make a massive feast for the sake of having tons of leftovers. Oh, well--I can't say I mind that idea.



Thanks to Ot and Et and Harvesting Kale for hosting this Currently linkup!




No comments:

Post a Comment