This week's words: finding, writing, dressing, thinking, beginning.
Finding: Now that we know Baby Epic is a girl I've been thinking about her as such, but I'm still finding it to be a bit surreal and strange to adjust to that sudden shift in my thinking!
Writing: I totally THOUGHT about doing NaNoWriMo for, like, 5 minutes, and then I totally bailed on that idea, so I haven't been writing much lately outside of this blog. But I am thinking maybe I should start up a notebook of writing ideas and such, to scribble things in as they come to me. When I do finally get around to getting serious about this whole writing thing, that will be a priceless tool for me, I'm sure!
Dressing: My belly is growing practically exponentially, so it's getting harder to figure out what to wear sometimes. I've been stingy about buying much in the way of maternity clothes, so I've been dressing in stretchy pants that are basically really nice, extra-thick leggings that can pass as pants. But even those are starting to fit a bit snugly, so I may have to break down and buy some actual maternity pants.
![]() |
| Okay, so this is totally an exaggeration. I can only barely see them when I'm taking a very particular type of belly photo! |
Thinking: Thanksgiving is upon us and Christmas is almost here, which has been leading me to start thinking about what they will be like next year with Avery. She'll be around 7 1/2 months old at Thanksgiving, and 8 1/2 months old at Christmas--old enough to be a lot of fun! We'll have to keep a crawling baby in mind when we decorate the Christmas tree, but on the flipside she should be able to sit up and sort of halfway rip into the wrapping paper on her gifts with some help. ((Which brings up another thought--we may have to set some gift limits with the over-eager grandparents next Christmas if we don't want to be overwhelmed by the sheer quantity of stuff...))
Beginning: I'm beginning to get to work on the nursery decor part of my to-do list. On the one hand, I know that nursery decor is pretty small potatoes in the scheme of all that I have to prepare for and all that is to come, but I'm only halfway through this pregnancy, and I know it's going to drag on. There's going to be a lot of time to kill, here, in restless and impatient anticipation of Miss Avy's appearance. So I don't think there's anything wrong with letting myself
Thanks to Ot and Et and Harvesting Kale for hosting this Currently linkup!


No comments:
Post a Comment